1. To Take charge of this post and all goverment property in view.
2. To Walk my post in a military manner keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place within sight and hearing.
3. To Report all violations of orders that I am instructed to enforce.
4. To Repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guard house than my own.
5. To Quit my post only when properly relieved.
6. To Receive, obey and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Officer of the day, all officers and noncomissioned officers of the Gaurd only.
7. To Talk to no one except in the line of duty.
8. To Give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
9. To Call the corporal of the Gaurd. In any case not covered by instruction.
10. To Salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.
11. To Be especially watchful at night, and, during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.